In three sentences or less, describe your J-Group as you would like it to appear in our online catalogue. The description you write for your group will either draw a person to connect with the group or become a turn-off, depending how it is written. Put thought into your description so that it is warm and informative. Add a personal touch and avoid wording that people don’t understand (so readers don’t feel like outsiders).
The description should:
• Clarify for the reader what type of person your group might appeal to
• Be inviting to people who don’t have a church background
• Include a sentence or two about the purpose of the group or what you’d like to accomplish
• If applicable, explain the content the group uses (such as curriculum or discussion of the weekend message)
• Clarify how the group handles childcare (if the group is open to adults who may have children)